Remote Area Dive recognises that sometimes things don't go to plan, weather is not kind, the kids get sick or simply work won't play the game and you can't go diving for whatever reason. We have devised this policy to help you out:
Remote Area Dive Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions include: Retail; Booking Conditions; Refund & Cancellation Policy; Course Conditions
Remote Area Dive has a no refund policy advising all customers to select items carefully prior to purchase.
Remote Area Dive has a no refund policy on items purchased. In the event of faulty merchandise, where the item is returned within the warranty period for the item and with purchase invoice, the item will be returned to the supplier for repair or replacement as determined by the supplier.
- Scuba Refresher is required for certified divers who have not dived in the last 12 months
- Payment in full is required at time of booking
- All Divers must show proof of certification prior to departing on trip for the ability to dive. No evidence of certification will result in access to snorkelling only. Monies paid for diving will be forfeited.
- 10% Cancellation fee applies to cancellations prior to 14 days notice
- 20% Cancellation fee applies to cancellations between 72 hours (3 days) and 14 days notice
- 100% Cancellation fee applies to cancellations less than 72 hours notice
- Cancellations due to medical conditions will be rebooked on presentation of a medical certificate with a reschedule fee of 20% applying. If not suitable, cancellation conditions above apply. Ensure travel insurance cover in this event.
- Trips not taken within 12 months of initial deposit will be cancelled with 100% Cancellation fee. Exceptions are ADF personnel on overseas deployment and supporting evidence
- Remote Area Dive reserves the right to cancel trips up to 4pm the day prior to scheduled departure, due to adverse conditions, weather forecast, and minimum bookings. Bookings will be rescheduled. Cancellation will incur a 50% Cancellation fee.
- 100% Cancellation fee applies when a customer fails to arrive by confirmed start time of trip or course
- Remote Area Dive reserves the right to change / reschedule planned trips and courses should conditions make it unsafe or minimum numbers are not met. Cancellation or withdrawal will incur a 25% Cancellation fee, which may be reduced by senior management given certain conditions and supporting evidence.
- Confirmation of booking: trips will be confirmed prior to 4pm the day before departure via an email. If you do not received confirmation call 07 47214425 to confirm.
All Dive Course applicants are to complete a medical questionnaire with a Dive Medical required for over 45years and if applicants indicate “yes” at any point during the medical questionnaire.
This is the sole responsibility of the applicant and to be completed prior to commencement of training.
No training, including elearning, is to commence until applicant / student is deemed medically fit to dive.
Courses MUST be completed with in 12 months of purchase.
In the case of a failed Dive Medical, training will be cancelled with a partial refund (less administration fee of $25 + the cost of elearning if commenced by applicant prior to obtaining a Dive Medical) for notification with evidence (a medical signed by a qualified diving physician stating applicant to be medically unfit to dive) and a minimum of 7 days prior to course commencement.
On commencement of training the following applies:
- No refund if unable to complete the training
- $100 transfer fee to reschedule – this may be reduced by senior management in certain circumstances and with supporting evidence
- Attending late will result in forfeiture of remainder of program
- If unable to complete training, senior management may grant a transfer to the next availability depending on reasoning and supporting evidence. Approval will incur a $100 transfer fee
- Deposits are non-refundable
- Cancellation fee of 20% of course fee applies to 30+ days prior to commencement of training
- Cancellation fee of 75% of course fee applies to notification with 30 days prior to commencement of training.
Approval to waiver or reduce fees is at the sole discretion of senior management and is dependent on the circumstance and supporting evidence provided. If granted a minimum service fee of 10% applies in addition to waiver or reduction.
Change in Medical Conditions for Certified Divers:
Certified Divers are to complete a medical statement when diving with Remote Area Dive. In the event that
health status has changed; a Dive Medical or letter from your doctor stating that you are fit to dive will be required.
All medical cancellations must be accompanied by a letter or Dive Medical from your doctor. Medical Cancellations for a Certified Diver will incur a service fee of $25.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that covers:
• Trip Cancellation
• Lost/damaged personal belongings or equipment, due to any reason, and
• Evacuation and Medical cover for Scuba Diving
Note: In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation or medical expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
English is the spoken language.
Liability Release and Waiver:
The laws of Queensland apply in relation to these Terms and Conditions and our business.
It is a fundamental condition of this contract between customer, agent and Remote Area Dive, that to the extent permitted by law, Remote Area Dive (including directors, employees, agents and independent contractors) are discharged and indemnified by the customer and agent (including customer executor(s), administrator(s) and dependent(s)) from any liability for any loss, damage, death or injury whatsoever arising out of, or incidental to, a diving / snorkelling trip or course and other services provided by Remote Area Dive, whether or not such damage or personal injury is caused or contributed to by Remote Area Dive.
The customer and agent agree that:
- They will be participating in activities, which are undertaken for the purposes of recreation and involve a significant degree of physical exertion and/or physical risk;
- They are aware of the risks of injury associated with participation in diving or snorkelling trips and courses, agreeing to voluntarily assume such risk; and
- The use of any equipment hired or loaned by Remote Area Dive is entirely at the customer’s own risk.
- Notwithstanding the above, Remote Area Dive reserve the right to rely upon any limitation of liability and/or defence available under any applicable law(s) and/or international convention(s) for any claim made by the customer or agent against us.
Express acceptance of risk
To participate in Scuba Diving / Snorkelling activities: ALL Customers are required to agree to read and sign Liability forms relevant to the activity they will be undertaking.